Overview: Safety storage cabinets model line ION-LINE
Safe, active and passive storage of lithium-ion batteries
Safety storage cabinets for passive or active storage of lithium-ion batteries according to EN 14470-1 and EN 1363-1 with a fire resistance of 90 minutes (type 90) – fire protection from the outside-in. In addition, all models of the ION-LINE offer fire resistance for more than 90 minutes when exposed to fire from the inside-out. In accordance with TRGS 510, the cabinets are classified as a storage section – the specifications of VdS 3103:2016-05 are thus met.
ION-LINE cabinets are available in two widths (120 cm, 60 cm) depending on the model.
The BATTERY STORE PRO and BATTERY CHARGE models also feature a high-quality 3-stage warning/fire suppression system in the interior of the cabinet (ready-to-plug-in): a fire in the cabinet is detected immediately – this provides increased safety when storing and charging lithium-ion batteries.
Smoke detector and temperature sensor
- If the smoke detector detects incipient smoke in the interior of the cabinet, alarm level 1 is triggered.
- If the temperature sensor measures an increase in the internal temperature, the electronic control system triggers
– at over 50° C a warning message to the central control centre,
– at over 70° C (and in case of simultaneously activated smoke detector) alarm level 2.
Each storage level is equipped with a high-quality power strip including metal housing and 10 protective charging sockets. The power strips are pre-mounted on the cabinet rear panel ready for use.
For the model BATTERY CHARGE: Ventilation to avoid heat build-up in the interior.
Fire suppression device
The high-quality fire suppression system in the cabinet interior is automatically triggered in case of fire (alarm level 2), when the temperature sensor registers an internal temperature greater than 70° C in addition to the already activated smoke detector (alarm level 1).
Mesh grid shelfs
Mesh grid shelves as storage/loading level, made of powder-coated sheet steel (max. load capacity 180 kg), offer a high storage capacity and ensure optimal ventilation in the cabinet interior, avoiding heat build-up during battery charging.
The floor supports for the heavy-duty mesh grid shelfs (load capacity 180 kg) are convenient and easily height adjustable by the user.
Optical and acoustic signalling
BATTERY STORE PRO and BATTERY CHARGE models:
- Function indicator (green LED) and 2-stage warning light (red LED): The warning light is activated and lit; either solid or flashing depending on the alarm level. The green function indicator goes out.
- 2-stage acoustic alarm signal: Alarm is triggered; depending on the alarm level, with slow/medium/fast tone interval.
Tested bottom collecting sump
The bottom collecting sump (powder-coated steel sheet) has been tested according to StawaR and is used to absorb any leakage of burning batteries.
Modern bi-colour design
Modern bi-colour design with a body in anthracite grey (RAL 7016) and hinged doors in gentian-blue (RAL 5010).
- Alarm forwarding: The electronic control incl. potential-free switching contact offers the possibility of connection to building control technology (for models BATTERY STORE PRO and BATTERY CHARGE).
- In addition for model BATTERY CHARGE: The electronic control switches off the ventilation (at alarm stage 2) and electrical supply to the power strips is switched off.
Oil-damped door closer
Safe & convenient: smooth-running doors with permanent self-closing by means of oil-damped door closer. Doors open with minimal effort.
ION-LINE safety storage cabinets
ION-LINE safety storage cabinet, model BATTERY STORE, 120 cm wide
ION-LINE model variety: Safety storage cabinets with various equipment features (e.g. with protective contact sockets for connection of chargers; integrated ventilation) and in 2 cabinet widths (120 cm, 60 cm)
Application example: ION-LINE safety storage cabinet in the warehouse
ION-LINE model BATTERY STORE, 60 cm width
Model BATTERY STORE: Interior design with 6 x mesh grid shelfs, 1 x bottom collecting sump
Application example: ION-LINE for storing lithium-ion batteries for e-bikes
ION-LINE model BATTERY CHARGE with ventilation