Overview: Safety storage cabinets model line ION-LINE
Safe, passive storage of lithium-ion batteries
Safety storage cabinets for passive storage of lithium-ion batteries according to EN 14470-1 and EN 1363-1 with a fire resistance of 90 minutes (type 90) – fire protection from the outside-in. In addition, all models of the ION-LINE offer fire resistance for more than 90 minutes when exposed to fire from the inside-out. In accordance with TRGS 510, the cabinets are classified as a storage section – the specifications of VdS 3103:2016-05 are thus met.
ION-LINE cabinets are available in two widths (120 cm, 60 cm) depending on the model.
In a fire, every second matters. In many regions outside Europe, sheet steel cabinets are considered acceptable if they protect the flammable contents for about 10 minutes in case of fire. Could you evacuate your facility in 10 minutes? How about 90 minutes? Increasing the evacuation time from 10 to 90 minutes can save lives and protect investments. > read more
ION-LINE Highlights – Model: BATTERY STORE
Tested bottom collecting sump
- The bottom collecting sump (powder-coated steel sheet) has been tested according to StawaR and is used to absorb any leakage of burning batteries
Modern bi-colour design
- Modern bi-colour design with a body in anthracite grey (RAL 7016) and hinged doors in gentian-blue (RAL 5010)
- Labelling is is easy to understand
- Integrated air ducts ready for connection (Ø 3“) to a technical exhaust system
- Visual inspection of the exhaust air function in the exhaust grille (rotating fan impeller)
Oil-damped door closer
- Safe & convenient: smooth-running doors with permanent self-closing by means of oil-damped door closer. Doors open with minimal effort
Perforated shelves as storage
- Made of sheet steel powder-coated offer a high storage capacity and ensure optimal ventilation inside the cabinet
- The permanently integrated transport base makes pallets for transporting the safety storage cabinet superfluous – simply drive under with the pallet truck, done
Lithium-ion batteries - not as safe as they seem!
The dangers that can arise when handling lithium-ion batteries are often underestimated. Even the smallest damage can cause a fire. In this video, we use an everyday example from a bicycle shop to illustrate how quickly a fire can arise from unattended charging of lithium-ion batteries. This shows how important it is to know how to store lithium-ion batteries safely.
ION-LINE safety storage cabinets
ION-LINE model BATTERY STORE, 120 cm width
ION-LINE model BATTERY STORE, 60 cm width
Application example: ION-LINE safety storage cabinet in the warehouse